fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, February 21, 2011

I want to find time....

I want to find the time to sew, bake, paint, crochet, cook.  All things I enjoy doing.  But life keeps getting in the way.  I have countless projects started.  My daughter is sending me links all the time with the subject line "We should make this".  It could be a new cookieor cake, a new salad or entree item or an adorable quilt.  Doesn't matter.

But there are not enough hours in a day when you also work 40 hours a week outside your home.  I am trying to find some me time for the things I like to do, but there are so many of them, that I find myself putting pressure on myself to do the things I enjoy.  Which cuts down on the joy just a bit.

So for now, I am going to do what I can and just try to enjoy it.

2 comments:

mamacitamax said...

hooray! good for you for starting this :)

Denise in PA said...

Amen! I right there with you - that 40+ hours away from home sure cuts into the many things I love to do. Besides quilting, my other passions are cooking and reading - just like you!