fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Productive Weekend

Well I must say I'm pretty happy with the way my weekend went.  I did some babysitting Friday and Saturday nights and my husband and I helped our daughter with some house projects Sunday morning, but after that.....it was sew, sew, sew.  I knew I was out of time to finish the April Birdie Stitches block.  But I got it done.

Then, I worked on finishing the front of my second Cathedral Windows pillow taken from the Moda Bake Shop tutorial.  I had thought about blues and greens for some contrast with the first one, but after looking at it, I decided to go with something from my stash that I loved Cloe's Imagination.  I paired it with some Moda Sunkissed and I loved the way it came out.

my first hat

V models the hat.  He loves that it's reversible.

bucket brigade
Then it was on to my bucket hat project.  I bought a copy of Liesl Gibson's Little Things to Sew.   What a great book with lots of projects I want to make for my grandsons.  So I started by making a bucket hat for V.  I then made another one for J in a smaller size.  When I posted the first one on Facebook, I got several enthusiastic comments from family and friends with little ones.  So I made one for my great niece and one for a friend's little boy.  She had been looking for one and couldn't find one.  I was so pleased at the way these turned out.  I cannot wait to try some of the other fun patterns in the book.  Liesl really knows how to come up with wonderful things that kids can use that are fun to make.

Don't know how I can top all this, but I still have lots of projects to do, so here I go again.

No comments: