fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, September 26, 2011

Lake Wobegon

Sometimes as I sit here an write my weekly post, I feel a bit like Garrison Keillor of Prairie Home Companion fame.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with him, he has a radio show on NPR on Saturday evenings about 6 pm.  It is formatted like the old time radio programs with music and skits.  Every week he does a news update from Lake Wobegon Minnesota, which is his fictional hometown.  It always begins "It's been a quiet week here in Lake Wobegon, my hometown."

It's been a busy week here in my hometown.  The wedding is just 5 more days away (including the day itself) and there's still plenty to be done.  Now I only have a few things to do, and most of them are done.  But I was waiting until this week to hem V's pants so he didn't outgrow them.  I have him every day after school, so I decided to try them on today and pin them up.  How do you get a 5 year old boy to stand still for such a thing?

hand him your iphone
He loves to play games on it and he's good.  Then he got kinda casual:
Well the pants are hemmed and I am stitching closed a couple of seams on some double sided napkins and my wedding sewing is totally done!  So I worked on a couple of other things over the weekend.  I am finally putting my 36 patch blocks together to get ready to quilt.  I want to piece the back too.  I have an idea.  I was hoping to make progress on this:
still a bit to do

and I did!
all done...just in time for October's block
Also, all the mug rug talk going on right now has me stirred up so I dove into that too.
Hometown scraps...I'm wasting nothing.  I love that line.

My daughter has a Mac

Still more Hometown scraps
I'm also piecing two other quilts and have more in the cue for the rest of the year.  I hope to have some more finishes to show by the end of the year too.  I hope you get plenty of sewing time too.
Have a great week.

No comments: