fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post Christmas...now I can show you!

I know I showed these before, but they were a big hit.  Both the boys tried them out and pronounced them as cool.  Both we also admonised not to throw the bean bags for any other reason.
 The gift that I am the most prod of is new pillow covers for my middle daughter.  I made her 3 pillows about 8 years ago.  They live on her couch.  She had mentioned to me that she would like new pillows or covers for these.  Aha!  What a great gift idea.
 This was the first one.  I had a panel of Fairy tip toes by Tina Givens.  I loved the panel, but never could figure out what to do with it.  So I began deconstructing it.  This is what happened.
 Then I wanted to do some circles.  So I used a roll of masking tape and drew around some of the elements of the design.  I quilted the circles in a spiral and then added vertical lines for contrast.
 All had an envelope closure.  This is the back of the circles, another print from the same line.
 This one is my favorite.  I think I was really getting into the swing of it by now and was daring to try lots of things.  After I figured out the placement of the strips I cut, I began to think of how to embellish the white spaces with quilting.
 I did stipples, pebbles, swirls and then hearts.  I LOVE how this one turned out.  My daughter was so happy with them too.
 Don't they look great on her couch?  Best moment ever.  I want to make so many more pillows!
This is the set up for a couple of notebook covers I made for my girls.  I unfortunately do not seem to have a picture of the completed project, but it was the December Label Crew project from Sweetwater.  They have it on their Etsy sight.  Very easy and of course, made with Sweetwater's Sunkissed line.  I also made an apron, which I forgot to photograph.  So all in all a successful Christmas.  Hope yours was too. 
Have a great week.

3 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love the tic tac toe quilts!!! super cute!

Corey said...

We played tic tac toe a couple more times after you guys left, too. He really loves it!! I will take a picture of the notebook cover and send it to you. And yes, the pillows are SO. FREAKING. AWESOME. :)

Susan said...

I love the pillow's you made for C. I sure she loved them and they look great on her couch! Nice Job Ms Q!