fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lots of Organization to Sew

Have you ever had one of those days where you want to sew, but you really aren't motivated to sew?  I tried to sew, and I wanted to sew and I kept getting distracted.  So I quit trying to sew and started to get my room tidied and organized.  Now, I think I can sew the next time.  Let me show you what I did.

 I got out a bunch of red scraps for my September Sunday Morning Quilts Bee blocks and pressed them, ready to sew.
 Since I had the red out, I decided to start organizing tiny scraps for my next ticker tape mini quilt.  This one will be #4.
 I found a big stack of 2.5 inch squares, which is just what I need for my Comfort Quilts Bee blocks for September.  Now I shouldn't need to cut any.
 I tidied up a stack of charm squares I have been rummaging through for the last few weeks.
 I pinned 13 more sets of 5 inch squares to stitch together for my Fusion Blanket Crochet Along.
 I pulled fabrics to audition for my Retro Flowers Quilt.  I need to look at them for awhile before I decide to start cutting.
 I sorted all the scraps in my scrap box.  I haven't done that in months!  It felt so good to empty that box.  And I discovered that I need another bin to separate the blues from the aquas.  That blue tub is packed full!

I cut out two more pair of pants for baby B.  I did get the cuffs sewn on before the organizing bug bit.  And I finished these two pair last week.  That baby is growing like a weed!!


Hope you get lots of sewing time this week and if you can't sew, organize!




10 comments:

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I need to sort all my scraps in sort bins also!! Love those little pants!!

Celtic Thistle said...

What a productive day you had!

Josie McRazie said...

Not only can I not sew if I am not motivated, but inhave a hard time if I don't likenthe project. I am working on a 'piazza box' from my quilt guild.it has to be the ugliest thingn i have EVER put together! That makes me not motivated and angry at the quilt at the same time!

Denise in PA said...

I know exactly what you mean! I actually like cleaning and organizing in my sewing room (only room I do like cleaning - LOL!) You got lots done!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I loved seeing your organizing efforts - I'm working on my sewing room and I think those see-through bins would be wonderful. blessings, marlene

charlotte said...

Thanks. I love them too.

charlotte said...

I understand. If my heart isn't in it, I can't sew it.

charlotte said...

Thanks. I like doing it from time to time. A tidy room is a productive room.

charlotte said...

I love the see through bins. I know they're labeled, but it kind of inspires me to see the scraps in them. I need some more for further sorting.

charlotte said...

Thank you, yes I did.