fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, December 30, 2012

At Last...Christmas Crafting Reveal

I can finally show you all the Christmas crafting and sewing I did.  This will be a picture heavy post and long I'm afraid.  Hang in there.

Remember these little wooden houses?  I made them from scrap wood we had in a crate in our shed from many projects.  I loved painting them and I have them in my kitchen.  I decided I wanted more.


 But I was out of scraps of wood.  So I had my hubby buy me a 2 x 4 and I cut it into the pieces I needed.  Like this:
 And I glued the triangles on the top with wood glue and let it dry overnight.

 Then I painted them to look Christmas-y and put them under my tree.  I gave some to my daughter to paint for her house.

I love these little houses.  If you want to make your own, you need to prime them and let that dry for 24 hours.  Then, it's like a blank canvas.  Most of these are 6-8 inches tall.

Now, for the sewing...

 I know I showed some of these things before, but a brief recap here if I may.  These are the TV cushions I made for the two older grandsons.
                                  I found enough castle peeps in my stash to do this.
                       The quilt I made for my son-in-law for the back of his office door.
                         The quilt for V...Still needs quilting, but soon it will be done.
 My Cherry Christmas quilt.  I used a charm pack of Cherry Christmas to make this.  It's small, but I will quilt it up and use it for decoration next year.
 These were the biggest job for me.  I cut them all out and sewed them when I had time.  It only takes me 90 minutes or so to make one now, not including the cutting and fusing.  They are phone wristlets from a pattern by Trillium designs.
 I made 6 of these babies and now, with the ones I made last summer, I have made nine!!
                                                All different, and all done!!
 I love this fabric and so I made a pillow for my sister out of it.  She loves it, as I knew she would.
                          Another print in the collection makes a fine back to the pillow.
 Here is another small quilt made from charm packs.  This one is Countdown to Christmas.  I had two of these from last year that I never used and some yardage of the green and cream stripe for the sashing.  This will also be quilted and used for next year's decor.
 Lastly, this is the quilt top for J.  I just finished it today.  Sorry for the trees shadows.  It was getting late when I took these.  After the sailing quilt and map for V, I wanted something similar, yet different for J.  Airplanes!  I found this awesome bundle of fat quarters at Fabricworm I think.  I'm sorry I don't know that was where I got them.
 And they had planes and another cool map that fit so well.  I fussed around to figure out how to best use each fabric and I even bought another half yard of the airplanes to feature it better.
I will take better pictures once it's quilted, I promise.  This is one awesome quilt, even if I didn't get it done in time for Christmas.  Thanks for sticking with me to the end.
See you soon.



3 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

Wow! You have been buzy. Love all the projects you have done, they look great.

Celtic Thistle said...

You did have a productive time. Love the airplane quilt!

Corey said...

All your projects were awesome! I ADORE those little wooden houses. And the airplane quilt is beautiful, I can't wait until it comes to live at my house. "J" will love it!! :)