fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, June 14, 2013

Back from Vacation

I just returned from a visit with my sisters and brother and sister-in-law in San Diego.  We had a blast, but it went by too quickly.  I wanted to check in here and say hello and post a few shots.



 My sister grows some very pretty roses, so a few shots of them.
 The beach...
 Some para sailing, and no, not me. I am afraid of heights.
A great cache of seashells...
And one of the best things...an antique quilt my sister owns.  This came from our great Aunt's house in Iowa many years ago. We don't know who made it or how old it is, but isn't it beautiful?



 I particularly love the way the edges were done. I don't know if I have seen this style of edge on a double wedding ring before, but I am going to try it, I think.

 You can see here, how worn out some of the fabrics on this quilt are.
Hope you are having a great summer so far. Back to work for me...talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

So glad you had a great trip! My, that DWR is beautiful!