fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Briar Rose Scrappy Goodness

Remember when I posted my Briar Rose quilt and said I was aiming to use up every bit of it? Well, I am off to a great start. After I made the Rainbow quilt and the baby Rainbow quilt, I took all the scraps that were left up to that point and created a few blocks.  I haven't figured out what to do with them yet, but they are done. Wanna see?  Good.

 I took the small strips and separated them into three groups, based on how they looked against three pieces of fabric I picked out. Then I made a stacked coins block. This is the pink background.
 These are 25 squares for my Bee mate in Sunday Morning Quilts Bee. She is making the Up Up Away quilt in scrappy blues. I used all the small triangles left from the baby rainbow.
 This is my selvedge piece. I think I may be going to make a zippered pouch out of these. I have to look at them some more to decide.
 This is my first foray into selvedge sewing and I like it okay, but I don't think it's really me.
 Here is another color set of stacked coins. I am really loving how these look. Not sure what I am going to make from them though.
 I took this close up to show you the sweet vine and leaf pattern on the background fabric. I have had this forever and could never figure out how to use it.  I have one more set, not done yet but the background fabric is blue.
 These HSTs are all from the larger Rainbow quilt. I just fiddled with them until I decided I was happy and stitched them up.
And that brings me to this. This is the stack of what is left. Lots of pretty big chunks and two complete half yards. I have no ideas what to make with this. I am going to think on it, but I would love some suggestions of patterns to try with these. I am pretty sure I can get a good size lap quilt out of these.  So let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. I'll let you know what I end up with.

1 comment:

Kwilt Krazy said...

All of your projects are beautiful. I like your selvage fabric piece too. I haven't tried that yet but I want to.