fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunday Morning Bee Quilt...Done!

I have finally finished my Sunday Morning Quilts Bee Quilt.  Wow, that's a mouthful. Anyway, it is finished.  My month was April, so now that it's August, I am finally finished.  I chose the Gumdrops quilt from the book as my quilt. The one thing I did was to change the color scheme. I think it turned out quite nice. What do you think?




 The lovely Loulouthi backing. Even my hubby loves this fabric. He says it might be better than the front.

 I don't ever do this any more, but I pulled the backing around to the front to make up the binding and I have to say, I love it on this quilt. I even put my label tag on the front this time.
I had two beautiful strips that were made entirely of batiks. I couldn't make them work here, due to the length of the strips and I didn't want to just cut them off to fit.  So I found some batik in my stash and made this instead:



Don't you just love it? I do. And if you're wondering about the white patch in the top left of the quilt, I had to add to those rows to extend them and make them all the same size as the others. With bee quilts you have to finagle sometimes to make it all work out.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

6 comments:

Susan said...

That turned out nice. I like the front as well as the back!

Celtic Thistle said...

Looks great Charlotte, love the batik cushion too!

jan said...

I love this! And the backing. Sew cute!
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

StitchinByTheLake said...

I most certainly do love it! The bright colors are wonderful. :) blessings, marlene

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Yep, bee quilts do sometimes require finagling, but usually it makes it more interesting =). Glad you shared the link!

Jessica said...

LOVE the colours!