fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What was I thinking Block of the Month

Have you ever done a block of the month? Me neither. I had some crazy notion it would be fun and easy to just do one block per month. Ha! So I sent away for one back in 2009 and after just two blocks, I gave up. The blocks kept coming in the mail, and then the finishing kit. Now I had all but forgotten it until recently when I reorganized my sewing room and found all this:

 What is interesting, to me, is that this is so not a color scheme I would usually choose, so I am not sure why I did.
 Lots of cute little details like the Yo Yo flowers on this one, each with a button in the center.
 I tried to like it again and talk myself into finishing it, but I thought "then what?" I really do not want this quilt.
 This is the finishing kit and there are several yards of fabric in this zip bag. If I even liked the fabric, I might keep it. But alas, I do not.
So, if you were me, what would you do with all this? Keep it and put it in a drawer forever? Donate it? but to whom? Give it away? Help me out here, please. I would hate to think nobody wants this poor quilt kit.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I know there are quilters out there that would probably love to finish this BOM project and you could probably either sell it in one of the fabric destash groups on Facebook or you could offer it to any interested readers and do a giveaway from it. If it's something you don't think you'll finish then i say move it on to another quilter.

Pam in KC said...

What about donating it to your quilt guild? Either to the "garage sale" table to raise funds for the guild or for someone -other than you- to make as the raffle quilt.

Josie McRazie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie McRazie said...

Make it and donate it. I know it is easier said than done. I have one my Mother bought for me (and she has been gone for 9 years) but because I don't care for the blues and the flowers and it is just difficult to think about her I cannot bring myself to do anything with it! So I feel ya!

Bonnie Pfrimmer said...

Use it for another giveaway when you have one or sell it on ebay. I buy several quilt kits that were half done. Or finish it and donate it.

Kwilt Krazy said...

Sell, I like it I would buy! Someone else would probably be interested too :)