Sunday, October 6, 2013


It's been a busy week, with not as much sewing time as I would like. But anyway, I did get three rows put together in my MSBHQAL.  Here they are...

 It is a bit too wide for me to hold up properly.  But then it is a big quilt so I had to lay it down, which is how I take many pics.
It was overcast, but a bright sky. Good for pictures today. This is half of the quilt. Three more rows to go.  I have decided to put a wide, grey border around it to get it to the size I need.  I am thinking 6 inches, but we will see when I try it on the bed.

In other sewing I made some pants for the grandsons.  This is the pair I made for V.

 I have been making pants for him for a few years using a style and technique I found on Dana Made It. She has lots of tutorials for boy and girl stuff. Lots of great easy ways to make pants.
 This time, I lined them, since it's fall and cooling down and the fabric was pretty thin. It is the railroad denim that I bought awhile ago. I loved the idea of the dog tag.  The lining is Pooches and Pickups by Laurie Wisbrun.
 I made the pockets a bit deeper this time since he is getting older and needs "real" pockets.
Here is the lining. Should keep him cozy and warm and once washed, they will be oh so soft. The elastic only goes across the back so the front is flat. A more grown up look.  I made a pair of Quick Change Trousers for baby B out of the same two fabrics, but forgot to get pictures before I sent them to his house.

It's a nice change of pace to sew clothing periodically.  Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Your Broken herringbone looks terrific. I wanted to QAL on it but just couldn't find the time. maybe I will go back and make one.
    Can't wait to see it finished.
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm


I love to hear from visitors to my blog. Please let me know you have been here.