fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, November 22, 2013

Another Wristlet

This was not the finish I thought to share today, but the other has to wait, for now. Remember last year when I was a wristlet making fool? I made 9 of these bad boys to give as gifts and one for myself.  The pattern is from Trillium Designs.

A friend wanted one when she saw the one I made for my sister. Her droid phone is larger than an iphone, so I had to enlarge the pattern a little bit.  The first picture is the new one, next to my old dirty one, for size comparison.





 I cut the pattern pieces an inch larger in width and length. I hope her phone will fit, but I think it will.

 She wanted butterflies on a black background for the outside and a pink plaid for the inside.  I had a pink zipper, so that was what I used and I think it works.
                         There is a magnetic snap closure on the top fold down flap.
      If you look carefully you will see there is even a butterfly in the zippered pocket.
 And a big butterfly on the back.  This is such pretty fabric.  I hope she loves it.
Through sheer dumb luck, it looks like this is a whole butterfly on the front where the pocket meets the front panel. I assure you, I am not that good.  This is a great pattern and next up I am going to make myself a new one...in a darker color that won't show the dirt.  Have a great weekend! Talk to you soon.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

3 comments:

Createology said...

Very nice wristlet and you certainly got the perfect fabrics as requested. Lovely gift. Creative Stitching Bliss...

Susan said...

This one turned out so lovely. Our friend will absolutely love it!

Yvonne Campbell said...

I love the wristlets!