fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Seeing Stars...WIP Wednesday

So I have all of a sudden decided that I really like stars in quilt blocks. I mean, I always did like them, just never wanted to make them. But then, I saw a quilt in the Modern Bee book by Lindsay Conner. I wanted to do a small quilt, about 38-40 inches square, for above my fireplace. The December quilt, Triple Star was perfect for this. Except it wasn't quite large enough. So I added another row.

 Three stars finishes at about 16 inches, so I did a whole bunch of measuring and math and finally figured out how to make one more round. And this is the result.
 I love these colors and they are ALL from my stash. I used Pearl Bracelets, Confetti Dots, Squared Elements and Metro Circles. I did run out of Kona White and had to go buy a couple of yards. I use it in so many things.
 Once I chose my colors, I poked through all my scraps until I found this sweet chair from Laurie Wisbrun's line. Perfect. I have consulted with my hubby, who has been very adept at helping me to figure out quilting pattern ideas lately and have a plan in mind. Hopefully I will have something finished to show you soon.
My next star project started out by making some Ohio Stars for a couple of baby quilts. I had these large-ish scraps in my stash from a baby quilt about 8 or maybe more, years ago. I love bright fabrics for baby quilts. So I am going to see how many of these stars I can make before I run out of fabric. Then I will figure out a design layout. Hope you are having a great week. Talk to you soon. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

8 comments:

Mary Pat Callihan said...

Just love it! I have felt the same way about stars, but you make it sound easy, no pressure....maybe I'll give a few a shot as well :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Very pretty! :)

Kelly Vetch said...

Haha! Its so cute and playful!

Tanyia said...

I agree with you. I used to think they were terribly old fashioned, but you can really adjust them to whatever aesthetic you like! I am kinda loving them now as well. :)

Stopping by from Lee's hop as usual :)
http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/02/wip-wednesday-feb-19th.html

Marit Johanne said...

I think stars are beautiful. I liked your colors very much. I am visiting from Jan from Sew and Sow Farm . Greetings from Marit Johanne

Nadine said...

I really love your star block with the extra round. That chair, as you say, is perfect! Looking forward to seeing what else you do with it. :-)

jan said...

Star blocks are probaly one of my favorites! I LOVE your quadruple star!
xo jan

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your visit. You have a lovely blog and you are very talented. Have a good upcoming weekend. Mildred