fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, September 12, 2014

Finally a Friday Finish

I feel like it has been hard getting to this Friday's finish. I started this before vacation, and it should have been easy. But things kept getting in the way. This week I decided to buckle down and get it done.
 This is a quilt top for a quilt for my great niece, V. This girl needs a quilt of her own. I made one when she was born, but she is a big 7 year old now and she loves to cuddle under quilts so much, she keeps "borrowing" other quilts from the household.
 She loves all things girly, like pink and purple and she loves cats too. This great fabric line by Aneela Hoey is all those things. I won this jelly roll last spring and was saving it for just the right project. When I heard the story of the quilts V borrowed and why she needed them, I knew this was it.
I was able to get a couple of yards of the flower print fabric to make the back. That's next on the list.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Linking up with Crazy Mom for finish it Friday.

5 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Such fun fabric and sweet quilt! My grandson told me that the quilt I made for him a few years ago was too small now and I needed to make him a new one. Guess we better make quilts bigger to begin with!

Kat said...

Such cute fabrics! I like the design you chose, too.

Susan said...

she is going to love this quilt & it will be all hers! :-) Looking good sis!

Jenny said...

Very pretty - she is sure to love it!

Sharon said...

Very fun finish! Great work. Those sweet prints are perfect for a little girl!