fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WIP Wednesday

So this week, in addition to quilting on my Belle Waves quilt, I am trying to make some progress on the quilt for J. I was really letting it languish and yesterday I pulled it out and started it with renewed vigor.
 I marked and pinned and began sewing all the HSTs for the star points for the quilt. Originally I thought I would piece each block seperately, but that wasn't getting much done, so assembly line, here I come.
 I managed to get quite a few done yesterday while I chatted on the phone with my sister in California.
 And here are the two blocks that I had already finished, waiting for the other 10 blocks.
 I set myself up a little work station for my Grandma Ruby's featherweight so it could be my piecing station when I am in the middle of quilting a quilt on my Bernina. It really works out well.
Here's to progress. Linking up with Lee at Freshly pieced.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so great to have two sewing machines set up for different projects. I think that would be enough justification for me to get another machine!

Anonymous said...

I like the orange and green combo; that block is such a great way to show off prints. I made some this week too.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Charlotte I just told my husband he'll be cutting me a board when we get home from vacation - I love how you've set up your Featherweight and I'm going to copy it! :) blessings, marlene