fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Fair Isle Finish

I just this minute finished the quilting on my fair isle quilt so I could snap a few quick picks in the very late afternoon sunshine to share here. It still needs binding, but hey, I have all day tomorrow to do that!
                    I love the swirls...
             I love the brightness of the colors...
          I love the reindeer...
              I love late afternoon shadows...
      I love that the white is so crisp...
        In fact, I love everything about this quilt.
      I even love the back.


Thanks to Lee at Freshly Pieced for such a wonderful pattern.  I will post the final quilt as soon as it is bound and washed and dried. Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Friday.

10 comments:

Karen @runsewfun said...

I, too, love bright colors, swirls, and afternoon shadows! They all work very well with your beautiful quilt. Congratulations on a fantastic finish!

Podunk Pretties said...

Yep it's a keeper! Great colors!

Nadine said...

It's a beautiful quilt--well done!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful quilt. I always love how whites make the other colors pop out. Great job.

Sparky said...

I really like this quilt..your pics are beautiful...your colours are good ones too... this is one that appeals to me on many levels...well done Charlotte

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Spectacular quilt - this is truly gorgeous :) Well done!!

Susan said...

Charlotte, it turned out so nice! Love the swirls!! When you post the finish, will you post a close up of the back? I'd like to get a better look at that material :-)
XO

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Absolutely stunning! You did an amazing job!

Michele said...

It really looks wonderful.

Deonn said...

Whoa, that is so adorable - love it!