fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love is Love is Love

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. I have been working so hard getting the house ready to sell, that I decided to give myself today off. I have done the dishes and made the bed, but the rest of my day has been spent sewing. I am working on a couple of projects using Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew's heart pattern. One is a small quilt and the other is more of a long term project.

 I started out using two fabrics from the Paperie line by Amy Sinibaldi. I love all the sweet prints in this line, but these hearts are my favorite and I have been trying to use them for almost a year now.
 I made four of them to see how I liked them. I wanted to see how they looked together on the wall.
 And I must say, my favorite part is where these little words show up. I did not fussy cut. This is totally random.
Then I tried something different. I left the top and bottom border strips off a couple to see how it would look off set every other row. I loved it! Sew that is how I am going with it now. I hope to have it finished soon to show you.
 These are the hearts that started the whole thing. I pulled a few 5 inch squares out of my red scrap bin and began to make these.
I don't really know where I am going with this right now, but I see it as a long term project. I want to use lots of other colors as well as the red, and I am thinking about trying out some other solids for the borders as well. I would like to end up with a big quilt eventually.
And lastly, these lovelies have sprung up in my yard. 80 degrees last Sunday coaxed them out. I do love an early spring. Have a great day and I'll see you soon.

No comments: