fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Spoonflower Pillow

I love Spoonflower. I have never designed my own stuff, but there are lots of great designs there from others. I love to go and look occasionally. I follow them on Facebook too. So when they have a design contest, I see the winner. When I saw this one, I just couldn't resist buying a yard of it.
This cat alphabet was just too cute. We love cats and have cats and so I though I should make something with this fabric.
So I went through my orange stash, which is sparse let me say. Then I cut out these letters to spell out Garden House, which is what we call our house. I just pieced the rest in a  made up order to compliment the orange in the cats.
And I used some leftover fabric on the back in an envelope closure. The chevron fabric makes my eyes nuts in large quantities. but this isn't too bad.
And now, the last pillow has a cover. I really love this one. Now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the alphabet fabric. See you soon.

No comments: