fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Color Play

I know it's been awhile and yes, I have been very busy sewing. As soon as the box reaches its recipients, I will share all the goodies that went into it. But for now, something else.

I spent today, and yes, all day almost, cutting out pieces for a new quilt. I won a bundle of Amy Friend's Improv this summer and immediately bought some more to go with it. I absolutely love it. I wanted to find a pattern to use all of it in a quilt. I knew that when the right pattern came up, I would know it. And it did. Fat Quarter Shop had a fat quarter Cobblestone quilt pattern for free!

 Here is the whole queen sized quilt in pieces. I am looking forward to starting this one. I need to figure out my color placement.
 So what do you do when you get done cutting out a whole quilt, and it's too late to begin sewing on it? You play with all the delicious scraps! They were lying on my cutting mat, just calling to me.
 So I started grouping them together and sewing a few small groups together. I really love these colors.
 I do have a couple of bigger scraps like this grey, that I might cut up to add to this little project. I don't even know what to call it yet. I thought about making some pin cushions.
But then, I laid it all out on my ironing board and now, I'm kind of thinking about maybe a small wall hanging style quilt. I think I'll sleep on it and see what develops.
Talk to you soon.

No comments: