fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, January 1, 2018

A Whole New Year

I find that I am having some trouble getting myself to blog, even when I have something I'd like to say or document. I think a part of the problem is that my computer is getting old and it makes every task on it painful and long and drawn out. But I am pushing through today, because what better way to start the new year, than to blog. I would love to get into a regular routine with my blog again. Maybe this will be that year. Looking back on this year...well it was very busy for sure.
 There were a bunch of dresses for my sweet granddaughter. This was one of my favorites from that group. Almost all were made with the Geranium pattern from Made by Rae.
 I made a bunch of pin cushions too. Some to try some tiny accurate piecing techniques and some to just use some scraps I couln't bear to toss out.
 There were a couple of baby quilts this year. Some that were made for fun, and then ended up being gifted.
 There were quilts made for friends in need. My favorite kind of special quilty hugs for those in need.
 A few small wall hanging quilts for a daughter who wanted some quilted wall art for her home. I do like these small ones as it's a good opportunity to try quilting methods on a smaller scale.

 A pillow cover or two because...well who can't use a fresh pillow cover sometimes?
 I began sewing with knits and found that it wasn't as scary as I thought it might be. Knits are actually quite nice to sew with.
 A bit of patchwork for a picnic blanket backed in canvas. This is a lovely project and so useful.

 Using up some of the many many scraps I have in my stash. A great way to flex your creativity.
 Using up some long held fabrics that I always said I would make a dress out of someday.
So all in all a pretty great year for sewing here in my new west coast place. I hope that this coming year brings lots of opportunities to sew and create. And perhaps I will find myself here a bit more often. That would be nice also. Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So many wonderful projects. The first sweet little dress is my favorite.