fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wednesday WIP-Done!

I have finally finished the quilt top with the No Point Stars pattern by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew. What a great pattern and my quilt top would have be done so much faster, except I decided to sew together all the HSTs an use them for sashing. Well, turns out that didn't work out. There weren't enough of them. And I didn't have enough extra fabric to just make more. So I went to plan B. But I had to come up with Plan B first.

 The first Plan B that I really liked was to change and use this bright green for the sashing. But, my sister didn't think it worked and when I showed my daughter, she said "what else do you have?"
 So I pulled out these two purples. One is marbled and red violet and the other a dark purple that leans more towards blue. She didn't like either of those. "Got any grey?" Yes, it turned out that I did have about half a yard of grey. It was just barely enough, and I got to use my bright green as the corners.
 And here it is. I am having trouble getting true colors indoors. It has been rainy and windy here, so maybe tomorrow. But it is done.
 I used the HST strips for the outer border. I love the way it turned out and yes, I know the contrast is not the best on some of the pieces, but it's for a two-year-old so I think it's fine. And I like it too.

 Now I just have to piece together a back for it so I can pin baste it. I already know how I want to quilt it. But for now, this project goes back burner for a few days. My sewing space doubles as a guest bedroom and we have a guest coming, so I will need to pack everything up until next week.
 But that's okay, because I am hand quilting my Penny Sampler Quilt with Pearl Cotton and I still have quite a ways to go on that. I will show you some pictures of the progress next time. Until then, Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I think it is a lovely finish. Well done conquering the fabric problems along the way and coming up with a great result.