fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, February 23, 2018

A Flimsy Finish

I have been crushing hard on this fabric:
 It is all over the internet and Instagram. If you haven't seen it, well I don't know why not.
 And with my jelly roll, I found a way to really show it off. I couldn't wait to cut and sew. I found a Rail Fence from a jelly roll on Material Girl Quilts that was the perfect stage for this.
See? Isn't this wonderful? I think it took me two days of sewing and cutting and sewing, but I am in love!!! I am now working on a backing for it. I am thinking of quilting with a variegated thread, and am going to try and find one this weekend a a local quilt shop. Have a lovely weekend.
Linking up with Amanda Jean.

8 comments:

Karen S said...

This is a delightful top.
I like the way you have kept the darker fabrics to the top left and bottom right, and let the lights enjoy centre stage.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love it. You can't go wrong with dots!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Spotty Rail Fence goodness!!

Jenny said...

Lovely fabric, and no I hadn't seen it before. Your quilt looks great!

Charlotte M. said...

Thank you Karen. This was a fun, and quick top to make.

Charlotte M. said...

Right? I love dots and these are so beautiful.

Charlotte M. said...

Thanks!

Charlotte M. said...

Now that I have seen it and used it, I am obsessed. But, alas, I cannot afford any more so I will be happy staring at this all day.