fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, February 16, 2018

Ombre Confetti Dress

I am being very good not buying fabric this year. I know it's only February, but still. The only fabric on my list of must have some was V and Company's Ombre Confetti Metallic. I never am attracted to fabric with metallic in it, but for some reason this just spoke to me.

As soon as Fat Quarter Shop notified me it was in, I place an order. I bought one yard of three different colors. It was so hard to decide which to buy, and I couldn't afford them all, so I also bought a jelly roll so I could have a bit of everything. And I was not disappointed.

So here is what I made first:
This is the fabric I selected for my first project. This picture doesn't even do it justice. It's much prettier.


I made a new spring dress for Miss N. When I saw that fabric I knew this would be one thing I would make with it. I really finagled with the cutting to get the ombre the way I wanted it.
And I was so happy to be able to get a section of the darker part for the collar. This is the first dress I have added a collar to. This is in the expansion pack for the Geranium dress by Rae. The collar was super easy to add and it really makes the dress, I think.
So one more shot of the finished dress. I am so thrilled and am now working on what to make from the jelly roll with all those beautiful colors. I'll keep you posted.
Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.



6 comments:

Alison V. said...

Oh how darling!

Heide said...

Adorable!

grammajudyb said...

I love the metallic dots! I am partial to polka dots of all sorts!

Karen S said...

This is gorgeous. What a lovely choice of fabrics for the sweet dress.

Jenny said...

So pretty!!!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Wonderful! I have always encouraged my daughter to wear dresses for everyday play, and not save them for a "special" occasion, because then what happens is that they don't fit!