fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, April 14, 2018

I'm Back and I Only Sewed Two Days This Week

Back from my visit to North Carolina. I had a great time with two of my daughters and their husbands and oh, those grandchildren. I can't believe how much they have all grown since I saw them last August. I go home Tuesday night and I was pooped. I only did a bit of sewing on Wednesday and a wee bit on Thursday. The weather here was so pretty I have found several tasks to keep me busy and out of the sewing room.
 I finished assembling this quilt top for the Hands 2 Help campaign that Sarah is hosting on Confessions of a Fabric Addict. This one is either good for a boy or girl.
 Then I cut the neutral squares for this more girly one. I need to get it stitched up this week so I can get backing done and get them finished up. Technically I have until the end of May, but I hate to wait until the last minute. Now that I am more rested, I should be able to get them moving forward this next week
 I also made the binding for the Big Bed QAL that Rachel at Stitched In Color is hosting. I used edges of the wide backing that were leftover after it was quilted.
 Looks a little washed out in this picture, but I got it pinned and stitched on to the quilt.
And now that that is done, I have an evening hand stitch project to work on stitching down the other side. After that, label and wash and dry and on to the bed!! Can't wait to see it all finished up. I will talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Sounds like you had some lovely family time.
Your quilt top looks lovely and I think the next one will also be a delight with the pink fabrics.
And well done getting the binding on the next quilt.