fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

So Many Irons in the Fire

Do you limit the number of projects you have going at any one time? Or do you let yourself go and flutter from project to project as the spirit moves you? I like to flutter. Sometimes I feel like hand work, sometimes I feel like machine work. For me it keeps it interesting to have many projects to choose from. Usually when I complete several and am down to one, I start adding more into the mix again. Here's some of what I have going on right now:
 These are my balls of cloth "yarn" to crochet into a small oval rug. I made one for my side of the bed in reds and pinks and now I am going to make one for my hubby for his side of the bed. They are quick and easy and a great way to use up string scraps. Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts has the tutorial for how to crochet or knit these up.
 I just finished another mini quilt using a pack of mini charms and all I have to do is stitch down the binding. This little sweetie is 12" x 14".
 On the larger project size, there is my Kingfisher Stitch Along quilt made with lots of EPP hexies and appliqued onto diamonds. I still have to make My three borders, one of which includes some EPP triangles, which I am almost half way through making.
And because I love a challenge, and I have had this book for a few years now, I am joining in the 100 Blocks, 100 Days 2018 challenge. I have a plan and I hope to keep up and put this beautiful book to good use.

I also have some fabric that is destined to become clothes for Miss N. I haven't started on that yet. Soon. Have a lovely week. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rutherford said...

I always have several projects going at once. I do embroidery and quilting so i have multiple projects going at all times.