fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Tea, A Drink With Jam and Bread

In a previous post, I talked about a special quilt. It is for my sister, who doesn't read this blog. So I can share it here with you. She collects teacups. She has quite a few and they are lovely. After doing the Penny Sampler Quilt last year, I got the idea to make a small wall hanging of the paper pieced tea cup in 9 variations for her. I started it, with the intention of Christmas. This week, I finished the top.
The tea cups finish at 6.5 inches and I added the sashing to spread them out a bit so each could shine on its own. I decided it needed a pop of color, so I added the cornerstones in the white dot on red. I need to come up with a back, but I think I know how to quilt this. I will wait until it's done to choose a binding.
Here are close ups of the individual tea cups:








I am very please with the outcome. I know she will love it. Have a great rest of your week friends. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Createology said...

Teacups for your sister are very sweet. I shall look forward to seeing how you quilt this cutie.

charlotte said...

I do have a plan in mind for that. I am letting it sit a bit to make sure that is what I want to do. Soon...