fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Good Fortune, Week 2

Here we are in week 2 of the Good Fortune Mystery Quilt. This week's clue is HSTs. Not my favorite blocks to do. Bonnie has a special ruler and method. I can't see getting it, for me it wouldn't get used too much. I really don't like HSTs.
Bonnie's link up page can be found here.


 So I ended up cutting squares of the blues and the neutrals. Here are the blues I cut, all from scraps!
 And here is my pile of neutrals, also all from my scrap bins I am happy to say. I draw a line from one corner to the other and sew a quarter inch on either side of the line I have drawn. Then, I cut on that line.
And here is the first pile, cut and pressed and ready to have the dog ears trimmed off of them. I know it's a lot of trimming, but this is my preferred method.

And here are some of the lovely results. Not even half way through, but I'll get there. It's all about the process, right?
#quiltvillemystery
#goodfortunequilt
See you next week for more Good Fortune.

4 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

They are looking great. I try not to square up either but sometimes it's necessary...whats the old saying about an ounce of prevention? For me it's flying geese that make me want to pull my hair out. And if I know Bonnie there will be more than a few in this quilt, there always is!

Alison V. said...

These look great! I prefer this method too so you are not alone!

Nikki said...

Love your fabrics!

Vireya said...

Lots of cute fabrics!