fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, April 15, 2019

Hands 2 Help Check In

Time for the first hands 2 help check in and I am ready! I had a big stack of 16 patch blocks that I made from a Kona jelly roll several years ago. Then, I couldn't quite decide what to do with them, so I put them aside. When this year's Hands 2 Help rolled around, I had just found them again, and figured out what to do.
 The first set, I arranged like this. I had two of each block so I made 4 quadrants for the quilt. It wasn't quite big enough,so I went searching for something that would cut at 2 1/2 inches to add a border.
 The second one is a bit more girly. I love the pinks and yellows on this one. I think that both of these will make great baby quilts for Jack's Basket.
And then I searched in my limited drawer of bigger chunks of fabric for backings. My Bernina has been in the shop for the last week being serviced, but we picked it up on Saturday. This week, quilting these is way at the top of the list. I want to get them in the mail before the end of April. I still am no sure about binding, but I will wait until I get to that point.
Thanks so much to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for organizing this once again.

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

I love the quilts and your fabrics. Have fun finishing them!

Karen S said...

Great way to use all those blocks. They are looking lovely.