fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Lavender Quilt

So in my last post, I told you about the Seedlings quilt minis I am making from the panels of the Seedlings Quilt. This is a wonderful new book by Jodi Godfrey from Tales of Cloth. There is one quilt in the book that I just really fell in love with, and I have chosen to make the whole Lavender quilt.

The quilt in the book uses white for these triangles, but I decided to use some low volume fabrics that I had on hand instead.
 For the fabric to represent the flowers, instead of scraps, I decided to use V and Company Ombre Confetti Metallic. I knew I could get a range of pretty color from the ombre and the metallic would add a fun touch.
I also decided, instead of a flat yellow color, to use V and Company Ombre in Honey. I feel like that will give me a bit of variation throughout the quilt.
So I have begun making my blocks for this quilt. I really like the consistency I get with EPP. The larger size pieces are a bit of a challenge for me. I am used to hand stitching my paper pieces, but I found that these larger sizes work better for me if I glue them. So I am.
 I got some blocks done, and laid them out to see how it was looking. I am very happy with my color choices. I know it will take me quite some time to finish this quilt, but I really am enjoying the process so much.
So now, I am off to stitch a bit more on this fun project. If you want to see another colorway of this quilt, Rachel, of Stitched in Color did one in blues and I think, scraps. Go to her blog to see how different and unique hers is.
Talk to you soon.

No comments: