fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, December 27, 2019

Finally a Showing

I made this quilt for my brother's daughter. It was a surprise, and so I couldn't show it to you when it was finished. But now that she has it, I can.
 Many ideas were contemplated, but I finally landed on the Ohio Star for her quilt. I made nine stars that finished at 12 inches and 4 that finished at six inches. And then, just for fun, some small 4 inch stars in pink ombre fabric, for a pop of surprise color.






Here it is, all quilted. I decided to do an all over square grid on it and the texture came out perfect.
 And, it's tough to see, but the centers of the stars are quilted with another star.
A fun backing completes the quilt. It was very well received.
I found a shot of the stare within a star quilting so you can see it better. And that's a wrap on Christmas quilting. Happy Friday my friends.

1 comment:

eltamaz elmithaly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.