fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

A-B-C-D-E-F-G...

Do you have the ABC song running through your head now? Ha! I saw this sample from Dropcloth Samplers on Instagram back in the early fall I think. I immediately fell for it. In the past couple of years, I have rediscovered my love of hand work. It started as a way to have something to do in the evenings while watching TV or visiting with friends. Now it is a must have in my life.
I picked out these 5 shades of pink from my collection of DMC floss and decided to do some sort of an Ombre look on this sampler. I knew it would make my heart sing!
I usually only hand stitch in the evenings and on weekends. Machine work happens Monday-Friday during the day while my husband is at work. I seldom do machine work on the weekends. This bit took up the first week of stitching.

I made it this far by late October. I know the time frame by my painted toe nails. I got them done in early October when I was in NC visiting my Daughters.
I got to a point where I had 3-4 different hand stitching projects going on. Two were embroidery and two were EPP. Both of the EPP projects are still ongoing. Progress gets made on all, but on some things it's slower than others. I was so happy when I reached the more than halfway mark on this.
 Finally, two weeks ago I was down to the last line left in this. I don't know about you, but that always re-energizes me to finish something.
 So this past weekend, I just chugged along on Friday afternoon and evening. Saturday I took the day off to go to Torrey Pines for the golf tournament with my hubby. By Sunday night it was almost done.
And here it is, pressed and ready to frame. I took the last few stitches Monday morning and went and bought a frame for it. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it in the frame. I hung it above my sewing machine so I could look at it all the time. I am very pleased with this bit of stitchery.

Thanks to Rebecca @dropcloth on Instagram for this great sampler. If you do one, there is a hashtag for it #abcsprinkle. @bjones6416 posted when she received hers in the mail and that spurred me to get one. I am giving consideration to getting another one, because I have another colorway idea for doing this.
Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

This is a fun project. It looks great finished. Love the thread combination.