fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Little Miss Muffet

Sat on her tuffet...well, I don't sit on it, but it does make quite a neat prop up for my feet when I am sitting in a chair in the living room. I made this tuffet in a class about 10 years ago and I truly love it and the class was great. But now, with so much use, it's badly worn. Enough to need a new cover.

You can see here how worn it is. The fabric is very faded and dirty and the fabric on the button is ripped as well.
If you look at the side, you can tell how bright it used to be. Such a difference. So after looking at it for a couple of months, I put recovering it on my list for 2020. And it is finished.
I loved the Kaffe Fassett fabric that was on the button, so I decided to use it again for the button, and like the last time. I pulled colors from that fabric to make the stripes. Look at the difference here, between the old and the new.

The difference in the two is stunning to me. I knew it was dingy and dirty, but this really shows it.

And here it is, all done up and ready to use...well, almost. I want to get some Scotchguard to protect it a bit before we put it to use again.
If you are interested in making your own tuffet, this pattern came from Tuffet Source. She is on facebook and sells the kits and pattern for the cover. You add the fabric and while I made this in a class the first time, I don't think it is too difficult to do on your own. The directions are good.
That said, go and have a lovely day.




No comments: