fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, August 12, 2013

Making It Monday

I showed pictures of my Briar Rose fabric bundle a couple of weeks ago. I know the interwebs are saturated with that fabric line right now, but I have a need to share what I am making with mine. In a first ever (for me) I am trying to find uses for all of my Briar Rose. When I am done, there will be no scraps. Here is what I am making this Monday:

                                  My bundle: the before picture.
 The first cuts for the Briar Rose Rainbow Quilt. You can get the free pattern on the Windham web site. The quilt was designed by Rae of Made by Rae. Fun and easy quilt, but oh so pretty.
                   My selvedges. Never sewed selvedges before, but I am now.
 Second cuts. My daughter was watching me assemble the first quilt and said, "You should make a smaller version. So I cut these 2 1/2 inch squares from some scraps.

 Here is the finished quilt top.  I hope to get it quilted soon. I have a lot of tops in the queue right now.

 Here is the original with 6 1/2 inch blocks (6 inches finished size) and the baby with its 2 inch finished size blocks.

 A close up of the baby so you can see the scale of the blocks. One bee just fits a block there.
And I started sewing the selvedges together. I think I am going to make a zippered pouch out of this. I still have quite a lot of the fabric left and am awaiting inspiration. Looking at the scraps is giving me some too. The shapes of the scraps help me to come up with ideas. What ideas do you have? Have you ever done this with a fabric line? I just can't stop!
Have a great week. See you soon.

2 comments:

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

That's exactly what I'm leaning towards doing with mine too. I think it showcases the fabric so brilliantly! How big does the final quilt end up being?

Jodi Nelson said...

I'm in love with this quilt! It's so colorful and clean and bright. love it!