fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Aurifil Block of the Month...I Won!

I know it's slim pickings over here this year, but every once in awhile I have something. I still read a few blogs when I am able and Pat Sloan is one of those. She has so much information and fun stuff going on..One of the things she promotes is the Aurifil designers block of the month. Now I see these and some I like, and some not as much. I appreciate the work that goes into designing each of these though.
This last month's block was designed by Lynn Harris of Little Red Hen. I fell in love with it. Both Lynn's version and the one that Pat made spoke to me and that doesn't often happen. Here is Lynn's:
This is such a great design. I borrowed the picture from Pat's interview post about Lynn's book.

Pat's version is quite different. Here is the link to her beautiful block. It was the color changes she made to the block that truly grabbed me to do one of my own. Here is mine:
 I felt the summer sunshine and the beach while doing this. I am thinking of making more to make a whole quilt. And once you make one of these wonderful blocks of the month, you can post it to the flickr group Pat has. If you do, and it is chosen, you win!!

And this is what you win:

Now how great is that? A great block, inspiration for another quilt and twelve spools of great Aurifil threads in the perfect neutrals to go with everything? So maybe this month, you should play along? Thanks again to Pat for such a fun activity and to Aurifil for the great threads. Sure keeps this quilter going.


6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love your color choices......so happy and bright!

Gill - That British Woman said...

love the block so pretty, I hope you win.

Gill - That British Woman said...

forgot to mention, you should pop by my blog and see the quilt I have just finished........

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a wonderful win! Congratulations.

Scrappy quilter said...

Congrats on the win. You have been missed.

Carol Swift said...

That's a great win for your beautiful block! Love the colors!