fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Stash #10

I got just a couple of new things this week.  I am planning a wedding quilt for my middle daughter and she loves fall colors. I wanted to make something modern using fall colors and I am going to use mostly Kona solids, so I had to start getting some of them. Sorry the pics are not brighter, but cloudy and rainy is the order of the day here.
This is the pattern and the first of the fabrics. The pattern is Concerto by Aria Lane, a pattern company that was started by Alyssa Lichner of Pile O' Fabric. I fell in love with this quilt when I first saw it and am so happy to have a reason to make it now. I still need to work out what other fabrics I want to incorporate. The pattern and fabrics came from Christa Quilts. Colors are lipstick red 1194, orange 1265 and Canary yellow 26.
Next, I was blog reading and saw an adorable quilt by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew using this sweet goldfish fabric by Timeless Treasures. I fell in love with it. It is actually a brighter white background.
I scoured the internet and found it at Fabric.com. They are out of it now, so I am thinking I am not the only one.  I bought a yard to use in a baby quilt. Allison has a great pattern that she used this in, but I haven't quite decided if I am going to use that pattern or another.
Here is the fabric I pulled from my stash to go with this one:
         This is the complete pull, for now. I may add or subtract. Still thinking on it.
 Some Sweetwater, Squared elements, Emily Herrick, Malka Dubrawsky and some older blues.
        Some Pearl bracelets, Denyse Schmidt, Alison Glass, and Laurie Wisbrun.
                                 These are the darker blues I chose.
And this is an older batik that I have used pieces of in many things. It is a bit hard to tell, but the dots in it range from a yellowish orange to a darker red orange. I have always loved it and it will be perfect in this.  Linking up to Sunday Stash.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful fabrics! Love those!

jeifner said...

Those are darling fishes. The Aria Lane quilt is fantastic. I'd love to get one as a present so I'm sure your daughter would as well :)

Lorna McMahon said...

I love those fish! And your fabric pull is looking good! Will be a great quilt!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

I hear those gold fish. They will make a great feature in your quilt. Can't wait to see it.