fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, March 6, 2017

And Now it's Monday

Life has been crazy here lately. Packing and showing and selling the house. We are now in the final stretch and soon I will have to pack up my sewing room. I am trying to leave a couple of projects out until the last minute so I can sew. I need a few minutes of that now and then or I will go crazy. I'm sure you know how I feel, right?

Last week I made this teeny tiny two inch block. Quilt Shop Gal has a thing going on and you can go there and follow the link to get the patterns. They are free and oh so fun. It is to help you work on precision piecing. This makes me want to make more.

 I also was able to finish another project. The sweet little words so sparsely sprinkled on the fabric melted my heart. I have been wanting to make something out of it for awhile now.
 It finished at about 36 x 40 inches. For the binding I used a blue Kona solid I happened to have on hand. I wanted a frame for all that softness and I think it makes the small blue flowers pop out a bit more.
 Sorry we're sideways here. I forgot to reorient the picture first before I posted it. I quilted it in a heart loop de loop on the horizontal.
 Here we go right side up. The hearts were made for Cluck Cluck Sew heart pattern. It's super easy and fun to make bunches of hearts. I am not done with that one yet. Still making more hearts for another project.
                           More words...
When my husband saw these words he came up with the name for this quilt..."The Accidental Princess Bride". And so it is.

 I used a yard of Amy Butler Gypsy Caravan for the back. I love the print by I have never been able to work it into another project.
               It's pretty here.
And then I made another one of those tiny two inch blocks. So precious. Have a great Monday and I hope to talk to you again soon before the big move.

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

I love the heart quilt! The quilting really makes this quilt. Good Job!!! Those tiny blocks are really cute. Hugs, LJ

charlotte said...

Thank you so much. Those tiny blocks are definitely an exercise in patience.