fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Reset...it's 2019

Every year, we reset our lives. We make promises, resolutions, and wishes for the year ahead. This year is no different. Last year wasn't so bad. I did have to look through trees to see the forest, but it's there. I try to find gratitude whenever possible. If it was not for the hard times, how would we recognize the good times. We need that basis to compare and to appreciate. I have to remind myself of that often. This year, I have a few plans, but no real resolutions. I do have wishes, but most of those are for friends and family who could use some extra love and happiness this year. I am doing okay.
So I thought I would do a look back on this past year and see what I accomplished in my crafty, sewing world.
January's biggest finish was my Penny Sampler quilt which I spent all of 2016 working on. One section per month and it was quilted and bound in January of 2017.
 February was the month I finished my QAYG clam bake quilt that I started in 2015 while I was not working and doing my cancer battle.
It was also the month I fell in love with the Ombre Confetti Dot fabric from V and Co. This might just be my all time favorite fabric.
March was the month I made this sweet bird quilt, which now lives in my daughter's house.
April was the month I made two quilts for Hands 2 Help for a children's charity.
May was the month I made this quilt for my niece who lost her father rather suddenly. It is remarkable how interesting is the simple Churn Dash block.
 June was the month of the Kingfisher Quilt Along. I fell in love with hexies after thinking for years there was no way I would ever do that.
And I signed up for the 100 Blocks 100 Days quilt challenge. I finished them all, and have since added a border to the flimsy. This year it will be quilted.
July was the month I started the Firefly quilt. The flimsy is done and will also be quilted this year.
August was the continuation of many of the above projects and the addition of this small wall hanging for my sister. She has a teacup collection. This was a Christmas gift.
September saw more Christmas projects get started, including some of these tiny houses for a wall hanging for my daughter.
October was busy. I was gone the first week and had still lots of Christmas sewing to do, but it also saw the start of this quilt for a friend in great need.
November was full of Christmas sewing. There were ornaments to be made and gifts to finish and wrap.
 December saw the finish of this beauty, which was happily received and is being loved and enjoyed on a daily basis.
And the finish of this dress for Miss N for Christmas. We traveled to NC for Christmas this year and came home with a lovely pair of colds, so nothing is happening here until I feel better.
I also decided to join up with Bonnie Hunter for the Good Fortune Mystery quilt and now I am two weeks behind due to traveling. I hope to feel better in the next couple of days so I can work on catching up. But if not, it will just be a mystery a bit longer here.
I hope you had happy holidays and that you have an abundance of good in the new year.

No comments: