fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

What's Up?

I have almost sat down to write a post here several times in the last week or two. I am finding it hard to stay motivated in that vein. I either don't have the photos I need and don't feel like taking them or would rather do other things. I need to get organized here people. I really do want to blog. So, what am I up to?
 Well, I finished crocheting this lovely blanket. This is the Summer Ripple blanket from Lucy at Attic 24. I chose to use the cotton yarn instead of the acrylic and I love the weight of it. It is wonderful on chilly nights and the colors really make my heart sing.
 This is my 100 Days 100 Blocks quilt, all sewn together. I finally cut a border and have it ready to attach so I can get it ready to quilt. My oldest daughter helped me to figure out this arrangement and I am loving it so much.
This is the beginning of the Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune mystery quilt. I made I think the first four weeks and then had to travel for the holidays and got behind. The last couple of blocks haven't gotten made yet. I became very frustrated with this project and decided to just forget it. But then I saw the final product on her blog and I love it. So, I downloaded all the rest of the steps and I will finish it after all...in my own sweet time. Getting rid of deadlines on this has helped me with my desire to finish it.
I am currently working with this lovely yarn to make the Sweet Pea blanket with the Attic 24 CAL group and loving the beauty of this. Crochet has become my evening go to project. And sometimes my during the day project while watching football on the weekends.

I have a list of projects for the coming year, and I am starting to make them happen. I will, hopefully be back very soon with some more shares of my work.

Have a lovely week.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I love seeing your crochet. I made the ripple too, so it is great to see the lovely colours you have chosen.
And good luck with the sweet pea. I have not yet started but also bought the yarn collection. I will get on to it in about a month I think.