fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, March 14, 2011

Fabric Photography

One thing I have learned from my daughter is that taking photos of fabric, yarn and all the tools of crafting is fun and interesting.  She has a BS in photography so she really knows what she is doing.  I on the other hand, am a rank amateur.  I have a nice digital camera and I only know how to use it on the preset mode.  F-stops... I know nothing about them.
So after following several blogs and seeing how they photograph things, I decided to try it.  I fell in love with the Sunkissed line from Sweetwater.  Then I went to the Moda bake shop and saw all the cute ideas there.  I still have not quite decided which one(s) I want to make with the fabric I bought, but while I am waiting for the motivation to begin one of them, I decided to take advantage of a sunny day and try looking at them through a lens.

Notice the crazy shadows?
I love this angle.

So here they are.  When I finally decide what to do with them, I will share all the steps here.

No comments: