fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, December 5, 2011

A musical interlude

It's very tough to do a post these days, what with all the gift sewing I have been doing.  I can't tell you what I am making, or for whom I am sewing.  I can't show you pictures.  it would spoil the surprise.  So instead, I am going to share something else with you.  I started this last year on a lark on my Facebook page.  Every morning, beginning with December 1, I posted as my status, a line from a Christmas song.  I wanted to see what reaction it received.  Some people wrote the next line, others tried to guess the song.  I tried to make some easy and some difficult, just for fun.  So if you are on Facebook with me, here is this month's selections.  If you don't want to spoil the daily read there, stop reading this now.
Ready?

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me...
We need a little music, need a little laughter, need a little singing, ringing in the rafters...
Let's take the road before us and sing a chorus or two...
Christmas day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp...
I can see me now on Christmas morning creeping down the stairs. Imagine my surprise when I open up my eyes...
See the blazing yule before us...
...in summer sun or winter snow...
Please bring us some figgy pudding...
Sing choirs of angels, sing in exaltation...
And all of heaven and earth will pray...
...son of God, love's pur light...
Come to Bethlehem and see...
...mistletoe hung where you can see...
...I have no gift to bring...
...where the treetops glisten...
Peace on earth and mercy mild...
...with God as our father, brothers all are we...
Peace on the earth, goodwill to men...
...a star, a star shining in the night...
I don't know if there'll be snow...
In Bethlehem in Judea, the blessed angel came...
If you want to be happy in a million ways...
...field and fountain, moor and mountain...
...in thy dark streets shineth...
The looked up and saw a star, shining in the east beyond them far...

I hope you have fun with this.  I am baking cookies too right now, so I am very busy, as we all are this time of year.  See you soon.  Have a great week.

No comments: