fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, September 16, 2012

How I Spent My Weekend

This was a very important weekend for us.  My husband ran in his first half marathon.  And on top of that, it was in very hilly Asheville NC.  I did the 5K walk, but that was easy in comparison.

                  It was a very foggy morning, once the sun came up, you could tell.
                  Here is a shot of the main street where the start/finish line was.
                                        Mountains near Asheville.



 Here he is before the race.  He is still smiling.  He did finish and received a participant's medal.  I am very proud of him.
                              And here, a post race toast.  Congratulations, honey.
Once we got home, I did start a bit of sewing.  I will have lots more to show you in a day or two, but for now, this is it:

                                    I started my red ticker tape mini today.
                      Block number one for September's Sunday Morning Quilts Bee.
                          Block number two for September's Sunday Morning Quilts Bee.
Hope you had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Congratulations to you both! That is quite an achievement! I love your red ticker tape mini and your September blocks are great - such cute fabrics!!