fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, October 29, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake

As the storm swirls around us here, not too bad, I want to share my weekend finish with you.  Remember these?



I pieced these for the Texting While Sewing contest that Amy Friend hosted this summer.  Well, I finally quilted and bound them and I want to show you how nice they turned out.  I made them into two wall hangings.

 The tiered cake is one hanging all by itself.  I added two more borders to the original one and binding was Kona pink...can't recall the exact color.
 I pebble quilted the white background and stitched in the ditch around the cake and the stand, as well as around the borders.  I love the way the pebble quilting mimics the dots on the cake.
 The other two blocks, I paired up for this wall hanging.  I gave it the same treatment, two more borders, this time using a lighter Kona pink for the border and the binding.
 Keeping with the theme of the background quilting mimicking the cake, I did roses on this one...
and straight lines on this one.  More stitching in the ditch around the cakes, stands and borders too.

I am so pleased with how they turned out.  I hope you like them.  They are going to go live on the dining room wall at my daughter's house.  She was the one who came up with the concept originally, so they kind of need to go to her.  I can go visit them.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 comment:

Celtic Thistle said...

They look great Charlotte, I love your roses quilting!