fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Morning coffee

Some people read the paper while they have their morning coffee.  I read blogs on my computer.  Sometimes I am swept away by all the creative things I see.  And it's happier than reading the news.

Yesterday I was hopping around reading and I ended up at Kim's.  As I scrolled through several posts I saw a cute pillow she had made for Christmas.  It was a FREE Tula Pink pattern!!  I thought "I have to make that for my hubby!"

I downloaded the pattern while he was getting ready for work and after he left, I quickly cleaned up the kitchen and headed for the sewing room, laughing with glee!!  Several hours later I had this:

It makes me so happy to look at it!!  He loved it when he came home and saw it, he smiled right off.  I am planning to make another one to go with it.  Such fun!  And on a Monday no less!

4 comments:

Denise in PA said...

I've seen that pattern - your pillow is so cute! Doesn't it make you feel good when you can make something for your hubby and know he will love it?! Makes it even more fun to make o:)

Corey said...

That is stinkin' adorable, Mom! Can you make him a daddy car pillow? :)

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Love your pillow! I was just looking at that pattern. Have downloaded it, but not started. Any tips?

Laura said...

So awesome! And... This is another reason I've decided to blog again, I've been missing reading about your crafty adventures :-) Your daughter is coming over tomorrow and I am determined to power through the learning process of knitting. My mom is going to teach me a little smocking too, so fingers crossed for awesome crafty adventures of my own soon!