fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Molli Sparkles QAL Squares...DONE!

When I first thought to join the MSBHQAL, I thought I would do a lap size quilt. Then, I pulled fabrics and thought about bed sized quilts. Then I pulled more fabrics because I didn't have enough for a bed sized quilt. Now the blocks are done.  All 30 of them using 18 different fabrics. Whew...

 This is the entire stack of 30 blocks. I love the look and feel of it in my hands. I took them off the design wall and took them outside on the deck to photograph. What a difference it makes in natural light. The colors pop, just like in real life!
 There are 4 green blocks; one will go in each corner. That way, things stay a bit balanced.
 Each block is a bit different. Each has 6 different fabrics in it. There is some Sweetwater's Reunion, some Squared Elements (so soft) Pearl Bracelets (so versatile), Bonnie and Camille's Vintage Modern. Picking the fabrics for this was so much fun!
 This is one of my favorite blocks. I can't really pick just one, though. Each one has lots to offer the eyes. I am really excited to see them all together.
But that process won't begin until next week.   So until then, happy quilting. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I just love these blocks, Charlotte. The colors are fantastic. I can't wait to see them together. These blocks are on my to-do list - and it's because of your inspiration!!