fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Summer Sunday

I have a couple of finishes today and an update on the Summer Solstice QAL I am participating in. First, the finishes.

 This is a wedding gift for some friends that I couldn't show until I was finally able to deliver it to them. I know it is hard to see, but it is a tree, stitched on Kona snow. I added the butterflies because my friend loves butterflies.
 I went back over the white stitching with a light grey to enhance it a bit and added this sweet little heart to the trunk of the tree.
 I love the blue butterflies. I didn't have any kind of fabric to make them more iridescent.
 Needless to say it was very well received, so I am pretty happy about it too.
 Then I had another secret project. After my sister's quilt went missing, I decided to make version 2.0 in a mini to give to my other sister. These are all the tiny leaves I cut out for it.
And this is the finished top hanging on my design wall. I have since quilted it and gifted it, but apparently I forgot to take any more pictures of it. It is roughly 38 inches square.
 These are the pictures of my Drunkards path blocks for the Quilt Along. I am so happy I am making the 40 inch square blocks. I can't imagine how much longer it would have taken me to finish.
 Plus, these are bigger and I suspect the curves easier to sew together. I did one practice block and then tackled the rest over two days after work. I starte a week late on this installation due to vacation.
 But I am all caught up and looking forward to beginning the assembly of the blocks. This is going to be a great quilt I think. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Melissa Corry said...

Your blocks look fantastic!!! So pretty ;) And yes, the larger the blocks, the easier those curves can be, great way to step into curvy sewing ;) And I just can't wait to see your top come together ;)