fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, August 18, 2017

A Friday Finish...and Now, Vacation

Well I said I would show you my other quilt finish. I leave tomorrow to go visit children and grand children in NC so now sewing for the next two weeks. I know I won't have time to miss it since I will be very busy while I am there. So here we go:
This is the quilt, started back in North Carolina last winter. I made one block from Amy Gibson's book, The Quilt Block Cookbook. I loved it so much, I decided to make 8 more and make a small quilt of it. And then we moved and it was packed away. I got it out probably a month after we arrived, but it sat folded for a long while.

I finally figured out how I wanted to quilt it. And then, the binding, which was, in my opinion, the perfect choice.
And I did some hand quilting too. This little quilt has a bit of everything.
 Can you see the little bird in the center of the block? I copied it from the fabric and hand stitched one in every center square. There is stitch in the ditch around the star points too.
And swirls in all the in between white areas.
 The blocks are twelve inches square, as are all the blocks in that book. With the border, that makes it about 40 inches square, a nice little size.

 For the backing I sewed together two Cori Dantini panels I have had for a long time. I loved them, but could never figure out how to us them.
 They are perfect for the back of this little quilt, don't you think?
I hope you have a lovely weekend and I will see you in a couple of weeks.

No comments: