fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Seedlings Mini Quilts

So if you are on Instagram, and you follow Jodi at Tales of Cloth, you know she is doing a Seedlings QAL there. Now, I have the book and I love the book, but I don't really have time to do this QAL right now. So I am working on doing the panels for the Seedlings quilt, but I am doing them as minis.

The first one I did was Caraway. I am very happy with how that one turned out. Some hand quilting and some quilting with Perle cotton.
The next one I completed is Honeysuckle. I love the shape for the leaves and I just made my vine as long as I wanted it to be.
 I decided to just do one vine so the panel would be long and skinny. And I really like it.
I machine quilted it with a fancy vine stitch that my machine does. And then I hand embroidered the name of the quilt block on the side. I have several more of these I want to make until my collection is complete. I am having fun with this, and I can go at whatever pace my time allows.
Have a great afternoon friends.

No comments: