fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lots of Updates

I have been listening to Prairie Home Companion on Saturday nights for the last 6 weeks or so, and if you've ever listened to that radio show, you'll understand when I say: It's been a busy week here in my sewing room.  Lots of projects are making significant progress.

First, the Yo Yo Along with Penny from Take a Hike.  I got a late start, but I am going on it now.  Today I can proudly say I have 69 Yo-Yos  done.  They are quick, easy and addictive to make.  The total needed for this is 1008.  Yes that's ONE THOUSAND!

The next project is my napkins for my daughter's October 1 wedding.  I need to do a total of 97, and as of right now have done 59.  So more than half way done!

I finished my Birdie Stitches block for July one week early!



I have also joined a 36 Block sew along with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.  I may not be able to keep up with the 6 blocks per week pace, but I have the first 3 done and the second 3 cut out.

And last, but not least I made Days of the Week dishcloths from a tutorial on Knitty Bitties blog.  I am loving these things and my kitchen is so much cleaner now and not so many paper towels are being used.  Even the hubby likes them.  So, YAY!

I hope your weekend was productive and happy too.  We did a lot of good eating around here this weekend.  Best thing about summer is the garden fresh food available, some home grown and some farmer's market and some grocery store.  Enjoy!

No comments: