fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

Happy Independence day.  Just think of all the things we are free to do because we live in America.  It is a day to count our blessings.  The 4th of July reminds me of so many past years where there was swimming, watermelon and fireworks.  This year, the kids are gone, the fireworks will not be shot off due to budget cuts, there's no watermelon because it's just the two of us and it's too much to eat.  So hubby is outside smoking some pork and I am inside in the A/C, sewing.

Here is what I have been doing this week.  I have continued the cleaning and organizing the sewing room.  I found some fabric pieces I had long forgotten.  And I have sewn a few projects.

my rainbow

I bought a charm pack of Kona cotton brights.  When I got it in the mail, I thought it looked like a rainbow, so I immediately cut some white squares and did this in a few hours.  I need to decide how to finish it.  Then I finished this top that had been sitting around for a couple of years.

The faded spot on the one heart is a smudge I found on the camera lens after I downloaded this.  Next I found 3 quilt tops I had made and put in a pile.  I ironed them and hung them on hangers so maybe I will finish them someday.

I made this top for a "grand kids quilt"

This is my wonky 9 patch quilt.  I love these colors.

This top is my first made from a jelly roll of Fig Tree Quilts fabric.
The last thing I found and took a picture of was this small quilt that I started so many years ago, I don't remember when.  It is some Laurel Burch fabric I bought at a local quilt show.  I have just a bit more to hand quilt and it will be done.  You'd think I would get on it.

I don't remember where I found this pattern.  One of my many quilting books probably.  Maybe now that I have shown it to the world, I can finish it this summer and bind it.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments: