fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, July 11, 2011

Chugging Along

Just trying to get through all the gotta do projects here.  It's so hot here and supposed to be over 100 degrees tomorrow.  Good time to be indoors sewing.  I am trying to give each of my projects a little bit of my time every day so that they all make progress.  Stitch, stitch, stitch.

This is what I have got going on today:
Quilting the 1001 Peeps quilt.

The hemmed stack of napkins is growing!
I also wanted to show a little quick project I whipped up from 4 strips of a jelly roll.  I needed to make something to protect my Kindle.  This is some of my favorite fabric!

It has an easy Velcro closure.
I am trying to stay on task with the napkins, but then the UPS guy stopped by my house and look what I have!
Hometown!  
I have been dying for this fabric ever since I first saw it.  Now that I have this layer cake (thanks to Kimberly Jolly at Fat Quarter Shop-so fast) I know I will buy some yardage as soon as it becomes available.  Another winner from the ladies at Sweetwater.  I will try not to let its presence disrupt my napkin hemming.

One more thing.....where do you get your inspiration?  I surround myself with things I enjoy looking at while I sew.  This is the latest addition.
love the labels
Have a great week and stay cool.

No comments: